Simillary as the ninth conference RCDL-2007, the RCDL-2012 will be held on October 15 – 18, 2012, in Pereslavl-Zalessky. Pereslavl is an ancient Russian town, located in one hundred and forty kilometers to the north-east of Moscow, on the federal highway Moscow-Kholmogory. Pereslavl-Zalessky and its surroundings are famous for its history, architectural monuments and extremely beautiful nature. It is located in the heart of the Golden Ring of Russia and is known as the cradle of the Russian Navy. Part of the surrounding natural and historic landscapes are included in the national park "Pleshcheevo lake".
The quality of the RCDL conferences is ensured by the following:
- Inclusion of the leading Russian and foreign experts in the RCDL area into the Program Committee;
- Competitive selection of extended abstracts (each submission is peer reviewed by three experts);
- Refinement of the papers by the authors based on the results of peer review prior to their publication;
- The responsibility of the authors for the quality of papers and presentations put on the Web in a freely available form;
- Bilingual reporting (at least a paper text or presentation is recommended to be in English), facilitating the perception by foreign colleagues;
- Young scientist participation support (compensation of expenses, rewarding the best papers, scientific mentoring);[
- Publication of the best papers in journals recognized by the Higher Attestation Commission of Russia (VAK).
Hundreds of scientists from the leading scientific centers of Russia, Austria, Germany, Greece, Italy, New Zealand, the USA,Ukraine and other countries have taken part in the RCDL conferences over the period of 13 years.
Traditionally, Russian Information Retrieval Evaluation Seminars - ROMIP usually are held together with RCDL. Last years the workshop "Doctoral Research on Information Technologies Related with Digital Libraries" is also co-located with the conference.